You can quickly access help finding emergency housing by calling a helpline in your state or territory.
Information on emergency housing is available from:
- Australia’s Capital Territory which has the OneLink service on 1800 176 468
- New South Wales which runs the round-the-clock Link2home service on 1800 152 152
- Victoria which runs a weekday and 24-hour weekend and public holiday Statewide After Hours service on 1800 825 955
- Tasmania which has the round-the-clock Housing Connect service on 1800 800 588
- Queensland which runs the Homelessness Hotline on 1800 474 753
- South Australia which has the round-the-clock Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308
- Northern Territory which runs the short and longer term accommodation website ShelterMe
- Western Australia which has the weekday Homeless Advisory Service on 1800 065 895 and Monday-to-Saturday EntryPoint Perth crisis accommodation referral service on 1800 124 684
Some of these helplines can also help you find more permanent accommodation as well.
Remember, if you are experiencing problems in your home, you can get help from a disability advocate or even file a complaint with police.
To speak to an advocate, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 1800 843 929. To speak with police, call the local number in your state or dial 000 in an emergency.