The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) aims to help you participate in work to the best of your ability.
The NDIS funds a variety of services, supports and aids to help you, including what it calls employment supports.
Some things the NDIS funds to help you with work include:
- personal care or eating support
- aids and equipment such as wheelchairs or hearing aids
- transition-to-work services or supports an employer might not provide
- individual support if you’re not covered by disability support services
- other help to find or keep a job
The NDIS also funds employment supports which can include:
- on-the-job support
- employment-related assessments and counselling
- individual and group employment support
- school-leaver supports
If you’re designing an NDIS plan or updating the one you have, remember to think about how the NDIS can help you pursue employment.
If you or your supporters have any queries about the NDIS, you can call People with Disability Australia's (PWDA's) Information, Intake and Referral Service on 1800 843 929.